10 creative wedding ideas to add to your ceremony
I love Nigerian weddings, colorful with all the pomp and pageantry. The most successful weddings are not necessary the most expensive weddings. I did say well organized weddings where everyone gets to have lots of fun are the most successful.
Get creative when planning your wedding. Have a wedding reception where your guests have lots of fun filled activities and are well entertained.
So here are 10 wedding ideas, you can add to the wedding reception
- Place on each guest table a photo frame of pictures of you and hubby. This can be designed as a photo collage. From your child-hood pictures, to pictures of when you both just started dating, pictures of special occasions such as your birthday spent together, holidays spent together, the proposal Etc.
- Have a photo gallery, with memorable pictures of both the bride and groom, and as a couple. Like a wall of memory lane.
Photo credit : Rochelle Mort Photography
- Name each of your reception table and a description of the event that happened there. E.g. Allcroft Road – Where Jay proposed, Club 45 – Where Jay and Bey met. Etc.
- Have a detachable page (an advice card) at the end of your wedding program where guests can write a word / two advices for the couple. Collect them in a box before the end of the wedding reception, pick 2/3 from the box and have the MC read them.
- Have a photo booth/studio were guests can take pictures/ or have a red carpet.
- Can’t afford a chocolate fountain? Have a sweet bar. Both Adults and Kids love this.
- Have the oldest couple at the wedding reception say a word / two of advice and dance with the couple.
Photo Credit: storytellersevents.com
- Instead of the traditional thank you speech. Have a prerecorded a video and play it for your guests to watch. E.g a special dance from both of you and your bride maids & groom and end it with a thank you message for parents, friends and guests.
- Half way through your reception, have a projector and flash through pictures of your relationship history. i.e pictures from dates, holidays, birthdays, the proposal. Etc.,
Photocredit – ardiorg.com
- Announce your entrance with a short drama themed to rhythm with a song. This is a great way to break the ice and set up for a fun vibe for the rest of the event.
Do you have any additional wedding idea? Feel free to share with us.
Fun loving, God lover, Life lover, and easy going. A wife, mother, daughter and sister. I am unique and different. I am a blogger and I love planning!